Done a bit more, built the other wing, attached it to the fuselage, made a 3mm depron tail which looks much more sturdy now. To give an idea of size I put a CD case next to it: Holding the wings at the right angle so that the epoxy/glass fibre can set properly Next job […]
I connected up the electronics today and gave them a quick test: Spektrum AR6400 Spektrum AS2000 x2 (may only need one, not sure how the linkages will work yet) Blue Arrow PP-10C ESC Hyperon CX 3S 240mAh LiPo Parkzone Sukhoi Motor / Gearbox x3 GWS 3×3 x3 [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO2lv_Fht8E[/yt]
A few more wing pictures, now fully skinned: AR6400 test fit: An idea of scale:
Did a bit of work on a wing today, I’m just experimenting with construction on these but cutting out 3mm ribs and covering in 2mm then sanding the edges appropriately.
This is the profile I’d like to use on the wing: http://www.caraudioarchive.net/repos…ed-outside.pdf – its clark y. The PDF print 100% shows the actual size. The ailerons would go behind the wing following a similar line to the original JU design. I’ve no idea if that will work but it’s an experiment. A little bit of […]
I’ve always liked these planes and after much searching found no suitable kits available. Graupner made one about 2 years ago but they’re not available any more. So I’ve decided to try building my own out of depron – I used to build small balsa models, this is my first attempt at foam modelling: More […]